Hello! My name is Leslie Mahoney and I am so excited to begin my eighth year at Mountain View School as the School Counselor! I truly love the work that I do and feel privileged to have the opportunity to serve our students!
As the school counselor, I am here to support students, teachers, and parents. I provide services to promote students' academic success, personal/social development, and career development. These services include classroom guidance lessons, small groups, and individual meetings with students.
I want to ensure that every student at MVS has a successful school year. If there is anything that I could do to assist your child this school year, please contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the school at (423) 263-2498.
The mission of the School Counseling Program at Mountain View Elementary School is to provide a comprehensive, developmentally appropriate school counseling program addressing the academic, personal/social, and career development of all students. In collaboration with other educators, parents/guardians, and the community, Mountain View’s School Counseling Program supports the learning environment and nurtures student growth while preparing students to be responsible and productive citizens and life-long learners in a global society.
The vision of the School Counseling Program Mountain View Elementary School is for every student to possess the academic, career, and social/emotional skills necessary to be successful. Our students realize their value and self-worth. They make sound, ethical decisions, showing empathy and regard for others. Our students view challenges as opportunities and recognize that to be a productive citizen, they must always do their best.
The Mountain View School Counselor believes:
· Every student has dignity and worth
· All children can achieve academic, social and emotional, and career success when given appropriate and timely support
· A comprehensive developmental school counseling program is an integral part of a student's education
· The role of a school counselor includes collaboration with teachers, parents, administrators, and other stakeholders in order to advocate and provide services for students
· School counselors will use data to design, implement, evaluate, and continuously improve the comprehensive school counseling program
· School counselors will abide by the American School Counseling Association Code of Ethics
· School counselor will participate in ongoing professional development to improve skills and knowledge
How Your School Counselor Can Help
· Classroom Lessons
· Small Groups
· Individual Counseling
· Individual Student Planning
· Community Resources
How you or your student can access your School Counselor
· Send an email to email@example.com with details of your concern
· Contact me by phone at (423) 263-2498
· Any written communication (i.e. notes)
· Student self-referral